Here are some pointers regarding your portrait session to give you an better idea of the options that are available to you. We invite you to call the studio at 916-737-7411 to book your shoot with Leon, or to arrange an appointment to answer any questions you might have about your session.
Portrait shoots vary in time depending on the number and ages of your children. Please allow an hour for your portrait as children can cooperate one minute and not the next, I am flexible and like to photogrph children at their pace. I shoot as many frames as needed with many different combinations. This gives you a greater choice for your finished story portraits.
Dress for Portrait Success
- Keep it simple. Solid colors are best. Avoid large, bold patterns and bright colors that draw attention away from your face.
- Cover up arms. Long sleeves draw attention away from your arms and
helps bring the focus to your face.
- Don't forget the bottom half. Our portrait photographer may suggest a full-
length pose. Make sure you coordinate clothing from head to toe.
- Accentuate the positive. Darker clothing slims. Light tones tend to
emphasize body size in photos.
- Frame your face. Scoops or v-necks flatter shorter necks and full faces.
Turtlenecks or high-necked garments in portraits flatter longer necks and slender
- Keep clothing consistent. Dress everyone in the same style for your portrait session. Don't mix
casual and formal clothing.
- Don't mix light and dark colors in portraits. Save stronger colors and patterns for accent items like scarves and neckties.
You are very welcome to discuss this further with me depending on the look wanted.
I am flexible in terms of location. I specialize in location shoots, at your home or at your favorite park.
Depending on the ages of your children and where we are shooting, the weather may not be an issue. We can discuss the situation on the day. I do ask if you need to postpone your session for any reason, please inform me as soon as possible to reschedule.
Viewing and Purchasing Appointment
This appointment is scheduled about a week after your shoot. Together with your partner, we choose your favorites and how to best present them in your home. This purchasing appointment can take an hour or more and is best as a child free appointment. Through my experience it can prove to be rather tedious for your children and for you.
If decisions are not made at this appointment you are welcome to make another although a studio rate of $150 per hour will be charged. Images uploaded to the online gallery are available for sale, but will be 25% more expensive than in studio.
Story portraits are created from a selection of your favorite images and come in various sizes. Each final piece includes all retouching services, presented as a color or balck and white image.